• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p8x, no cpu ratio...stumped!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssmith500

so far no one has been able to figure this out. I have an asus p4p8x mobo, pentium 4 "2.4ghz c", and ddr3200 crucial 512mb.
The highest system fsb i can get with stock voltage is 245 because my memory is limiting me. In order to get 250mhz, i gotta be able to set my mem. @ 5 : 4. The latency is default (3-4-4-8) if that matters.

anyhow, in the manual a picture of the BIOS displays the CPU ratio category!!! i dont' have that category and my only options for the dram frequency are 400mhz and "auto" both of which keep the memory running @ 1 : 1. AH! i contacted asus but they never called back, i'm stuck, please help, i gotta lock my memory @ the 200mhz or adjust the fsb : ddram ratio some how

????????????
i just said the 400mhz setting or "auto" setting is still 1 : 1. I don't have the option to select the other 2 frequencies you mention. Thats why i posted, idk how to configure the cpu ratio because its not on my bios but it is in the manual for my mobo

yes your right, but i don't haev the 320 and 266mhz options. i only have the 400mhz and auto. +the cpu ratio item isnt in bios. Yes, that picture you sent looks exactly like the one pictured in the manual and even my bios except WITHOUT the cpu ratio and the other 2 ram frequencies. This is where i'm stuck, how can i set it to a 5 : 4 frequency than....

how strange... maybe you need a bios update? http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P8X&Type=All

I just realised that the screenshot I linked to was for the P4P800, which is slightly different from the P4P8X.

I couldn't find a review of this motherboard... how strange...

edit: looks like the 865P chipset is very similar to the 865PE, except for support for 200Mhz CPUs... that shouldn't take away the CPU:RAM ratios though...

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/motherboards/article.php/10703_2211511__2

well i do have the 800mhz fsb pentium 4 chip and its running @ 960mhz right now. Its the ddr400 also. But basically, yeah, i can only run that 1 : 1 so i'm stuck @ 24mhz fsb.

Ok i dont know if this will help you but i had the same thing with an asus p4b mobo and it wouldnt enable 3:4 ratio untill i got the fsb to 120 default is 100, before that it wasnt there it was auto and 1:1 after 120 it is auto and 3:4 so try changing your fsb to something high like 265 (but dont save and restart) and see if it gives you any new options. Just a thought

yes, your right, thanks a lot. Took a long time for me to figure that out. I didnt know this board was limiited like that, i'm gonna rma it, get a new one and sell it, than upgrade to maybe a p4p800 or the new abit aI-7 with guru proc. Hear any good things about that mobo?

I'm lovin' my P4p800 dlx. My understanding is that the abit's are a crapshoot w/ overclocking. You might get a monster or a P.O.S. check in this forum, I think there are a couple active threads w/ the same question.

Back