• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pressure Question from a newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I am putting together my first w/cing rig and was wondering about the relative presure of my pump as compared to othrs on the market. I have am eheim 1250. Where does that lay in the range of pressure?

For those of you that will want to know this will be my setup for now: ehiem 1250=>rad=>rbx+226Wpeltier.
should I have another rad in there to help cool that pelt?should I move the location of the pump in the line?

I'd say you have a bigger issue brewing there. The RBX isn't particularly well suited to peltier cooling. See the "extreme cooling" forum for advice on peltier setups.

I am going to be using dual cold plates to spread the heat out. I am going for very low temps and I am hoping to hit at least 2.8Ghz. I know my board can handle the high fsb I will be using. ANY WAYS..... the real question is the flow rate and preasure that my pump will put out compared to others on the market. I want to make sure I made a good choice on the pump. I am thinking about w/cing the north bridge and maybe even the south bridge. (I know that some of you will argue the need for this but I may bstill do it for the he** of it:) )

Well in my cooling rig the 1250 does it's job very well. Cooling the northbridge is ok but remember if your doing a single loop you will need to add a pelt to it as well. As for the south bridge why bother? Oh just remember what rad will you be using.

Bottom line: the RBX isn't good for cooling pelts.

you'd be better off getting some cheap square block made with a dremmel for it.

the RBX is designed to cool only in the center, and so that's all it cools.

What sandman001 said. The RBX is designed for a core-sized transfer area, and no amount of cold plates is going to make up for that; it will actually hurt.

well darn.:) oh well, I guess I will use it to cool a Xenon h/s and submerge it in the res. I can use another one on the hot side to cool it. I guess I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Dual cold-plates are not recommended since thicker the base, less heat transfer.

For a pelt setup- I recommend Swifty MCW5002 or 5000 as these blocks focus on cooling the whole entire surface. With these one cold block will do.

I think that 2.8 is reasonable since I ican hit 2.25 stable and 2.4 with only a few issues with my 1800+ on AIR. Why do you think that it cant hit that speed?

Back