• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rambus lives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Logger

I just heard that the nw sis chipset R659 is comming out soon and is faster than the CW by 7% in Q3. I don't know if Abit is gonna rise to the occasion but Asus already has...FYI

Rambus is a good performing solution. I have a TH7II as well, but Rambus is still too expensive and priced at least 20 dollars above DDR especially in 256mb sticks.

Abit should stick to what is on the market. If Rambus decides to find a cheaper and faster solution, and it becomes a demand, then Abit would truly follow on with a good Rambus solution in case of the new Rambus chipset from SiS.

DDR is where it is at unfortunately. I love my TH7 II as much as you do.

logger-
very true statement. with memory, you have to pay to get the best, even with ddr (crucial, corsair, ect)

I agree, why stick to the norm if the norm is weak. Rambus is way ahead of the game!!!!!!! They have some fast stuff.....just need chipset support.

I agree, but the price.

Rambus has been ahead of the game, as usual. They have incorporated highspeed memory in devices such as the Nintendo 64.. back before it was commonly implemented on PC's.

Rambus better release it's standards, and lower its production costs. The future is high speed memory.

I am a fan of Rambus, not the price.

When I had purchased my TH7 II, I picked up Samsung x2 256mb strips for 65 dollars a piece! Now you can't find them for that unless you check on Ebay.

3200mb to 3500mb(overclocked) PC800 bandwidth in the years of 2001/2002 when DDR came around at 2600mb or at max to 3000mb. Yeah Rambus was certainly ahead of its time.

Maybe Rambus may decide to come out with a memory controller chip to enable older PC800 devices to work past the 3200mb bandwidth. A dual channel update perhaps? PC800 modules would work sweetly with the 800fsb Pentium 4 CPU's. 1:1

Who knows.

Back