• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Dual AMD is now watercooled :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am currently bleeding my Dual AMD watercooling setup...first time to setup a system with no leaks at all (I mean while setting it up hehe).

Specs:
2x Maze 3
Hydor L30 320GPH
Chevette HeaterCore w/ 2x120mm fans

I haven't added the dye yet, I'll do that once the system bleeds, the front (push) fan is in the front of the case.

case1.JPG

More pics once I get finished up :D

Lookin pretty good, probably not that wize to run it with the towel there;)

I think those blocks are a little changed up for inlet and outlet position, but its probably alright for you.
Wow thats pretty packed though. Now watercool the chipset, gpu and all the hard drives;) lol that would be a mess:p

Jon

haha, yea CPU1 (lower left) is backwards as far as the barbs go, but its within 1-2C of the other block, so no biggy.

In that pic I had the 9800 out and the towel in there so I could tell if the blocks were leaking hehe.

System is now up, same specs in sig. Getting 38/39c idle and 45/46c load. ambient is about 29-30c (come on cold front!!!)
So far about 5-6C cooler underload then the AX-7s with 7v modded tornados...and the ambient is actually higher now. MUCH quieter as well hehe

more picture now with the system running. Forgive the poor quality, I'm using my roomates camera thats been dropped a few to many times lol.

case2.JPG

case3.JPG

now thats a SWEET setup. very nice work man. looks perfect! gerat job.:thup:

just some blue food coloring, seems to be slightly UV reactive though the pictures don't show it real well. I've got some blue UV dye around here somewhere if I could find it

If you use a shroud on your fan/heatercore, you should get higher performance.

Somewhere around here are instructions for the classic "Gladware Shroud"

there is a shroud on the back hard to see. Its the Danger Den shroud. Up front I have a smalll gladware shroud. The fan is technically outside the case but within the front panel

can you get a close shot of the shrouds and heater core? I want to see how you mounted it
i have the exact same shroud

COol very nice !

I'm out of town till Friday but I'll try and get you some pics of that when I get back :)

Back