• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What brands of water blocks are out there??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are lots of online vendors for Innovatek products, although they seem to be slipping off the 'cutting-edge' cooling lineup lately... I'm sure they'll get back near the top soon enough.

the new innovaCool rev 4. is on there site, but I haven't seenn any reviews yet.... but it is a sweet lookin block

rev4_LED1.jpg

One quick question: Is there any advantage of having a copper top for the Whitewater instead of the stock poly top?

necromanx13x said:
One quick question: Is there any advantage of having a copper top for the Whitewater instead of the stock poly top?

No worries about cracked tops ever again. I personally won't use plastic in any of my systems. Just do a search with the keywords of "cracked" or "melted" in the watercooling forum... You'll see why.

Copper tops aren't much more expensive, especially considering the cost of video cards, which generally live directly under CPU waterblocks and are the first to go in the event of a leak.

vonkaar said:
I should research this cascade thing more, it seems to be quite pretty.

LOL! Smart ###! What do you mean "research it"? You have two of them. A regular one and a bling bling SS.

Back on track... Check out the EVO blocks. Haven't seen anyone mention them yet.

Cathar (maker of the Cascade) has put a hold on all orders till Feb 1st.

Right now ephemeral evidence seems to point to the RBX as the best price/performance ratio followed closely by the D-Tec WW. The only review/test published is @ mofathers, and the results are open to cojecture and are being avidly debated in reguards to the validity due to the test bench. The WW is a proven performer. All problems with the base being lapped properly have been addressed.

Inovatek products use 3/8" fittings, so don't expect a high-flow system.

edits as stuff comes to me

Last edited:
haha... where is your SS UberBlue? I was looking forward to yours because your system is pretty much 'good to go'. My results won't be 'published' for another month =/. Freaking chiller problems...

Back