• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is wrong with my White Water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

I bought White Water for a yr... which is made by cathar... and today I decide to take it apart and clean it.... change the barb from 3/8 to 1/2... then I realize....

dscn0436.jpg

dscn0437.jpg

is the nozzle plate off center normal????

by the way... the ww is perfect rect... dunno why the digi cam makes it like it is curved...

Last edited:
I noticed mine was also crooked when I took it off a few days ago. I believe that it's to center it over the cpu die.

Yes, that is intentional and is how they are meant to be.

The issue is that AMD systems have their CPU die 1.27mm off center. This is why the manual says to mount the block a certain way on the basis of the 3 dots on the middle plate.

For Intel systems, the CPU is dead center. This presents a bit of an issue for what to do. I settled on making the nozzle half-way off-center for the two CPU types to provide the best balance for either.

oh got it.... thanks cathar... by the way... your block rocks until this day.... i am changing the barb to 1/2.... any tips that I need to look out for?

now i finally figure out where is that 3 dots... lol..... i always thought it was manufacture accident...

EluSiOn said:
oh got it.... thanks cathar... by the way... your block rocks until this day.... i am changing the barb to 1/2.... any tips that I need to look out for?

Make sure you get 3/8" BSP thread on the barbs. If you can't find any, let me know and I'll post you some. NPT barbs (what is commonly used in the USA) won't screw in properly.

Cut the barbs down using a hack-saw if they screw in too far and poke through the bottom of the top-plate.

hmmm am I able to find a nylon bard then?

from www.usplastics.com? would that work? I only have a dremel with diamond wheel cutter.... i doubt it will able to cut through the barb...

EluSiOn said:
hmmm am I able to find a nylon bard then?

from www.usplastics.com? would that work? I only have a dremel with diamond wheel cutter.... i doubt it will able to cut through the barb...

Sure, it'd work so long as they are 3/8" BSP threads.

If you have trouble sourcing them, then again I could help out by sending pre-cut barbs for you.

3/8" BSP.... hmmm I am doubtful I can find in US...

would this one works? Brass pneumatic barb fittings, 1/2" bmt x15mm

7f_1.JPG

am I able to buy that barb from dtek?

British Standard Pipe (BSP)
A tapered, self-sealing thread system used to seal fluids (interestingly, the US *and* the metric world standardized on the BSP system for threading all their pipes).

Last edited:
Back