• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About Radiator/Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LPS

Registered
I'm thinking about to buy a water cooling system for my cpu and Radeon9800 pro(maybe get it within few months)
As i know...
More people get a heatercore instead of a Radiator because the price.
I feel the RBX waterblock look nice and fit my P4 2.26g
I'm not going to buy a kit with all thing because i wanna try to make it by myself, and also can know more about water cooling since i looking for this for 2 years, but i still looking for it.........
And there are some people put a bottle of some other stuff before go in the pump, is that needed?
and also get a Eheim1250 or other pump?
My budget is about 150-180USD.
and the important thing is no such noisy. I'm using the Cooler Master IHC-H71 heatsink... When I'm talking to my gf at phone, she ask me to shut down the computer because the noise, so i better consider to change to water cooling.

First of all you dont have to get watercooling for quiteness, Zalman makes good and quite HSF, and you can always put a slow fan on a TR sink.

The Ehiem pumps are good and quite, and the 1250 will be great with that block.

AS you are on a budget a heatercore (HC) is definately the route, just mod it for some shords and the right barbs. additive like waterwetter or whathave you are to prevent/delay corrosion a grown of living matter (algae)

thanks
and I mean my hsf+fan give of 51 db...
very loud..
but it's good though.. and also i wanna it drop some degree also >^..^<
______

People get heatercores because it cools better than a regular radiator and is cheaper.

1250 or Hydor L30 will do fine. Since you are going for a budget system I recommend Hydor L30 as it has equal specs, and similar dependability as 1250.

Back