• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb question about Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LPS

Registered
I saw there is no connection to the power..
so how can it change the hot water to cold water..
plz forgive my dumb...

The hot water touches the metal surface, the heat is trasfered from hot water to the metal because heat goes from hot to cold to maintain system equillibrium. When the heat goes to the metal it is carried away from the metal with fans...

oooo.
is that mean there is no power needed for the heatercore and just put a better fan if i need better performance?

Yep, all a core does is provide a lot of surface area for the fans to cool down, no electricity required. A more powerful fan will yeild a lower temp (until you get near room temp, to go below that you need at least a bong, if not some form of refridgeration).

You got the idea.

Dont go over 30dba on the fans tho...

Also, you need a shroud with a fan as the fan has a dead-spot in the center. If you put it directly on the HC it self, it wont cool all the spots of HC. The shroud keeps the fan away from the HC so there is no dead-spot hence cooling all available surface.

For more info on shrouds, do a search

Ya, i saw that also
i can use some tape + card board/some material make a shield to make the air doesn't come out to increase performance
and also can put one in the front and one in the back if i need..
but i think one is ok...

LPS said:
Ya, i saw that also
i can use some tape + card board/some material make a shield to make the air doesn't come out to increase performance
and also can put one in the front and one in the back if i need..
but i think one is ok...

Yup its called push/pull setup. One sucking air out and one blowing air in. Im running that setup. If space is not an issue for you then go with this setup as well.

The last link in Neomoses's post will take you to a thread with other useful links, they all should help you get a good idea of how a bong does it's job. If after that you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Back