• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water pump!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabrielsurf

Disabled
im debating between the 2 pumps hydrol l30 and ehiem 1250 they both peform the same around 320 but i heard ehiem is better and more expensive i wouldn't mind cheaper would hydrol l30 do a fine job and be relaiable at the same time??????

and which one is louder/ does anyone knows the dbl on them?

I suggest searching user experiences with these pumps. You'll get a lot more info.

Yeah, this question has been asked a lot. Best way to go about gathering information is to look for older posts by using the search button (top right on your screen).

Anyway, I'll give my opinion on the Hydor L30 vs Eheim 1250: Eheim is known for reliability and good performance. Hydor seems to be ok too, but the experience with them might be less extensive. My personal experience with Eheim is that their pumps (have 1046 and 1250, 1yr+) run quiet and cool, without failing. People have chosen other brands than Eheim in the past, not always with great results.
So, I suggest not trying to scrape 10 bucks and just get the Eheim.

Sneakytermite said:
How big of a difference between the Eheim 1046 and 1250 in real world performance?

The 1046 has a significantly lower flowrate, but you could make that out from the specs already. I can't tell you anything about actual performance differences as I've never tested the same system with both pumps. In fact, the 1046 serves in a 2nd system, while my main system uses the 1250 (as in my sig).

Sneakytermite said:
Hey Fizz3, why use such a strong pump (1250) when you're only cooling the cpu? The 1046 would be sufficient for the same job right?

Yeah, the others pretty much answered for me. Up to a point, more flow delivers more performance. Factoring in the loss of flow due to restrictions in the block, heatercore and tubing + bends, my rough estimate is that the performance the 1250 delivers is pretty optimal for my setup. You could still increase flow rate by using an even better pump, but the gains diminish rapidly. Then there is the issue that bigger pumps produce more heat too.
Anyway, a less powerful pump would still be ok, but for just a few bucks extra you can get the 1250 (also comes with convenient fittings for 1/2" ID tubing) and get a nice performance increase.

Danner mag 3 :p Paid 40$ and it can keep up really good flow rates even with 3 blocks in my system.

Hydor L30 and 1250 perform very similar and the reliability is great in both products. IMO, why pay more for a pump when you can get a cheaper one that performs similar? Plus, L30 is smaller. But do keep in mind 1250 is quieter than L30.

Also, I dont trust Danner Mag 3. I know its a good performing pump for cheap price but..... have heard too many horrific stories about it.

Back