• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a prob in Xp(My WMI isnt working)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myth

Registered
I noticed that when i tried to open "System Information" under the system tools menu,the "system information window opens but shows no system information whatsoever,instead it says and I Quote "Cant collect information" and also says "Failed connection to this computer,check to see Winmgmt service is running". After I saw that message I tried opening things that utilize WMI and noticed that they werent working. Now i dont know alot about WMI and all that stuff but i I know that the service is running because when i go to msconfig,under the services tab i see that "Windows Management Instrumentation" is running. So i came to the conclusion that either the service is currupt or has an error or something. Can someone tell me how i can fix this WITHOUT* system restore? Its like the service Enabled but it isnt.Something is obviously wrong.Anyone have any ideas?

I know I would get an error with xp everytime i would network with someone elses computer the only i found to fix it was goto the repair network connection tool under network connections,,, hummm worth a shot.

Check to make sure that the "Remote Procedure Call" (RPC) and "Event Log" Services are both set to "Automatic" also..."Windows Management Instrumentation" (WMI) depends on these Services to be running. :)

Back