• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 and Video card problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Well, my friend recently aquired an IC7 setup, not too bad if you ask me.. but the thing is when he uses his video card (GF2 Ultra). He experiences a lovely multicolored screen and system lock ups, even with a clean install. The reason I am posting is in here is because the video card worked fine in his bx133-raid...

It only seems to go mental when he installs the gfx drivers, we've tried different versions etc.

any thoughts ?

I recently set up an IC7, and as it was a newegg refurb, was hesitant on putting my "good stuff" on there at first. I first tried to fire it with a GF2 MX400, and it wouldn't. It's a 2x card.

As soon as I swapped in my Ti4200 (4x), the system fired up. I don't think the board likes 2x cards very much....

You've gotten further (at least it boots), so I'm assuming it's a 4x card you're working with... I *have* experienced this exact problem before, and invariably, it's caused by the vid card not fully seated in the slot....check that first. Check the plug end of the monitor cable too (unlikely, but...) for bent pins.

Good luck...

B.

Actually I don't think it supports 2x agp cards at all. There was a voltage change (drop from 3.3 to 1.5 I think) from 2x to 4x. The 4x boards will still run 2x cards but I don't think the 8x ones will. The Abit site says the board support 4x and 8x agp cards with no mention of 2x ones.

Found the problem, the contacts on the card needed cleaning

Back