• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Mounting" the pump and radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miku

Am i doing this right? Mounted pump with suction cups, heating core radiator with screws? The resevoir i keep outside the case.

So is it right? I'm new to water cooling

Welcome to the Forums

Well if you pump has suction cups yes, for the rad either screws or zip ties. As for the res well thats really up to you. I've had a 4x4x4 junction box as a res in my case and now I have a 5" long 2"PVC as a res thats on the outside.

Well without some pics it is hard to say but it sounds like you are on the right track. I have never used suction cups to mount my pumps but I would say keep an eye on them to make sure they don't come loose and let your pump move around.

The core should be fine with screws. I usually just use long zip ties but your setup could be even better. The res depending on your setup most likely will need a cover jsut to keep the crud from floating in there and going into your w/c system.

Most important: Make sure to leak test for at least a day. Have fun!

Back