• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to connect a Single Pass Heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mamisano

Hey all, just installed Watercooling with some parts I had lying around and now I would like to change things up a bit.

Currently, I am running a Ford 2x Pass HC in the top of my case with 1 120mm fan pulling air from top of case. Waterblocks are DD Maze3 and Z-Chipset, pump is VA 1300 all with 3/8 Clearflex.

Just picked up a 2-149 single pass HC which will mount in front part of case with dual shrouds and 2x SVC 120mm fans with 7v mod.

My question is this: What barb would be input and what barb would be output considering one is on top of HC and the other is on the bottom.

single-pass.jpg

Well, if I fill from the bottom I am assured it will fill the entire HC, but maybe at the cost of more work for the pump.

If I fill from the top, gravity will help but I am not assured the entire HC will fill.

Back