• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TC-4 rev2 mounting question again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mczern

Registered
Hi again, just a few more questions concering my TC-4 rev2, Im having concerns over mounting the waterblock. I understand I need this, but not sure quite how it works.. I don't see any mounting holes, and this will be the first pentium system I've put together. so I'm quite unfamiliar on these boards:
ASUS Board DFI Lanpartypro

I do see the holes on the mounting kit, but do I just unhook the retainer and put that on top then resecure the retainer?? I'm sure its not difficult, just don't want to dump alot of cash into buying all this and finding out it doesn't work together :p thanks in advance!

Ok... Looked at numerous P4 boards and none of them seam to use mounting holes so I guess its pretty safe to assume that the mounting kit is all that I need. If I'm wrong please correct me :p

p4 boards do have mounting holes. you just have to take out your mounting bracket, which is held by a "harpoon" like thing that goes through the hole. Take it out and you ahve your self 4 holes to work with.

Some do not all

Back