• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What water block to use for my dual AMD water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mat6704AMD

Registered
I am researching what type of water blocks to use for my dual AMD water cooling pc and wanted to know what u guys think I should buy. I was looking at the swiftech MCW5000-A . Also, how should I conect the tubing? SHould I go pump>rad>cpu1>cpu2>pump? I don't know because of the dual processors and seems like the first processor would heat the water and therefore the second processor would get hotter.

I went with the Maze-3s from dangerden.com
Had great experience with them in the past, and was pretty sure they would fit easily enough.

I went pump->rad->cpu1->cpu2->pump
cpu1 and cpu2 are always within 1-2C of each other so apparently the water doesn't heat up to terribly

Swiftech makes a good socket clip mounting block that is ideal for SMP due to a low flow restrction. It also outperforms a Maze 3.

Go with PUMP -> RAD -> CPU1 -> CPU2 -> PUMP

or

PUMP -> RAD -< SPLIT[CPU1,CPU2]COMBINE >- PUMP

If you have a powerful enough pump, and a large heatercore type radiator you may get better performance if you split the flow after the rad, and have one line go to each CPU Block, then back together.

I second on the DD blocks. Not too much of a swiftec fan beyond the easy use with TEC's. Though nowadays that not a big deal.

Also I would recomend a high flow pump with a parrallel split to the cpus. That way they both have the same temp coolant. It cuts back on some flow restriction but with an umphy pump youll be fine.

I am also planning on getting a video card block also, how many GPH should i look for. I will in the end have two CPU water blocks and one GPU water block.

THanks guys

I'd go with Dtek TC4s or Spirals. They are both great performing blocks.

Also, the flow that Codeman05 and felinusz (first one) stated is what I would do.

I'd say atleast a 300GPH, my hydor does 320GPH....I think it could probably handle a GPU block also

I'm currently using the swiftechs in mine and they have worked great except for one problem. The springs for the socket clip are a bit weak for my liking and that has contributed to more than one dead processor in my system. The springs can be shimmed with small washers which I will be doing soon. I'm getting 49C full load (folding 24/7) on both procs now with two radiators, one BIX and chevette core. The only fan in the top BIX running at the slowest setting on the fan controller. Completely silent and stable, Me likes :D

Back