• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board is better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andylalo

i dont know which board to get...i'm deciding between the Abit IC7 and the Asus P4P800..any help would be great, if there is something else better for the price, that would be good also..

Well, both are good. But, you're comparing an Abit Canterwood chipset mobo to an Asus Springdale chipset mobo. The Abit Springdale and probably the best budget mobo going right now is the IS7-E. The Asus Canterwood that is comparable to the IC7 is the P4C800.

i looked at the IS7 also but that one has the springdale chipset and was only $20 less than the IC7..so what do you think i should get? whats the difference between IS7 and IS7-E?

I'd got with the IC7 if you don't care about spending 20 more bucks. It'll overclock much better.

Well, maybe not MUCH better, but you will get better performance. In addition, I've had some bad experiences with the IS7. This is just peronal experience, but I've bought an IS7 and an IS7-E, 5 months apart from each other, both from newegg, and both board came damaged. The box was scuffed up, and it looked like the board was just thrown into the box. The IS7-E's northbridge cooler was hanging off.

I don't know. But you get what you pay for. That's what I always say.

My last ASUS P4 board killed two hard drives. RMA'd then the same thing 6 months later. Bad resistors i think. Haven't had this problem with ABIT IC7. They also seem to be a little better at OC'ing in the CPU Data Base with less expensive cooling.

Back