• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board is best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andylalo

i dont know which board to get...i'm deciding between the Abit IC7 and the Asus P4P800..any help would be great, if there is something else better for the price, that would be good also..

The trouble with the ABIT's are that they are so inconsistant and are very picky about memory type...even then they occasionally get stuck at 250FSB when trying to run dividers....

ASUS has trouble with voltage regulation...but it dosn't seem to limit your OC...There are a very few mem divider incomapabilities...so the ASUS is my pick...The only advantage to the MAX3 is the 3.2vdimm...unfortunately it dosn't always work and if you want that voltage on the asus it is generally a quite simple mod to get it and that works every time...

In conclusion get the ASUS P4C800-E

climbski said:
The trouble with the ABIT's are that they are so inconsistant and are very picky about memory type...even then they occasionally get stuck at 250FSB when trying to run dividers....

ASUS has trouble with voltage regulation...but it dosn't seem to limit your OC...There are a very few mem divider incomapabilities...so the ASUS is my pick...The only advantage to the MAX3 is the 3.2vdimm...unfortunately it dosn't always work and if you want that voltage on the asus it is generally a quite simple mod to get it and that works every time...

In conclusion get the ASUS P4C800-E

Yeah, what he said! The p4p800 dlx.;)

Last edited:
p4p is also a very good board with few problems..no PAT when OCd but it won't matter if you don't care about benchmarks and just want a damn fast comp.

ok, isn't the Abit IC7 a better performance board because it has the 875 chipset whereas the asus p4p800 only has the 865 chipset? am i correct or will the p4p800 outperform the ic7?

The newest Abit boards based on the 865 and 875 chipsets definetely have memory incompatibility problems. I have built 5 computers for friends and family this month. 3 of those computers had Abit boards, 1 - IC7 and 2 - IS7. I had problems with all the Abit boards.

On the other hand, I have never had a problem with the P4P800. I have one, installed one for my dad, and installed one for my brother. They all work flawlessly.

Back