• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

Okay reading about all the great stuff on this board I cant wait for it to come in. I just got word that it will be another week its so depressing. Btw how well does that fan on the board (think its a dimm cooler not sure from the pictures) work.

ok, well since I haven't tried running without ut I can't really tell if it's doing any good :p

No, but I've heard it does pretty good and that it furfill it's purpose.

kenweil said:
Okay reading about all the great stuff on this board I cant wait for it to come in. I just got word that it will be another week its so depressing. Btw how well does that fan on the board (think its a dimm cooler not sure from the pictures) work.

the otes cooler is used to cool the power mosfets and capacitors.
i dont think it does anything for the dimms unless it just happens to draw air across your modules as it pulls intake air into the otes ducting hood. it seems to do a fairly decent job of taking the heat from the mosfets and capacitors and taking it outside the case so it doesnt add more to your system temps while keeping the power regulating devices to your cpu a few degrees cooler as well

Back