• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the NF7-S of intel systems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E_tron

Many people think that the NF7-S is the best overclocking board for AMD Athlon based PCs.

I am planning to biuld a P4 Celeron(2ghz) based PC. What is the best Overclocking board out there for the P4 systems?

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or Abit IC7 Max3, or for the best bang for the buck (sort of like soltek 75frn2-l), the Asus P4P800 Deluxe is 'da best :D ..

correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Well, using a Celeron in "the NF7 of the Intel World" is like using a Duron in an NF7. It's just not worth doing.

I'm not too familiar with the boards for a Celeron, but as far as the Pentium C's go, the board for them is the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, or the Abit IC7-G. There's also the Abit IC7-Max3, but it's $40.00 more and you'll just be paying for less. The -G OC's just as well as the -Max3, where as the Max3 lacks a parallel port (that means no printer unless you wanna spend another $20+ on a USB-to-Parallel adapter), and it has the OTES mosfet cooling system, which in my opinion does absolutely nothing and is just a gimmick. It has LEDs on it which makes it use up more electricity and a fan that just makes extra noise.

I've owned both the Max3 and the -G, and my G went to 280FSB, but the Max3 only went to 265. Not worth the money.

At any rate, I wouldn't suggest putting a Celeron in one of those boards. I'm not even sure if it's the same socket, is it? I don't know. But if it actually does fit in there, it just wouldnt be right. Maybe if you plan to upgrade to a P4C in the near futre, then it'd be sensible.

Just my $0.02.

missed the celeron part ...

Amino's right E*tron .. celeron run at 100mhz fsb (quad pumped to 400mhz bus frequency) .. that's 1/2 the size of canterwood (200fsb -> 800mhz) .. also the celeron has less cache ..

if you're really strapped on cash, might wanna consider amd based rig .. an XP 1700+ tbred "B" will smoke any celeron.

Thanks for the help.

I did a little more research on the Celeron Processors and they just don't measure up for gaming machines(even with a good overclock). Too bad they are not like AMD's Applebred Duron processor. It was an incredible processor (before they locked them).

All of the above solutions sounds good, i'll keep theses tips in mind:) .

Re; best bang for the Buck ...

nut581 said:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or Abit IC7 Max3, or for the best bang for the buck (sort of like soltek 75frn2-l), the Asus P4P800 Deluxe is 'da best :D ..

correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Best bang for the buck = Soltek :cool:
Speed, stability, and not too many unwanted extras. :D

My sl-75frn2-RL is awsome once I got my RAM problem
straightened out. These nForce2 boards are very picky
about RAM. It seems mine didn't like the double sided 512Mb
modules.
With the new Buffalo 256Mb single sided sticks I
had no problem at all. :)

Back