• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice choices. As far as your block options, definately go with the WW. If you're going to get the unpainted core, try to get the combo with a shroud, it'll improve the performance of your rad.
Do you already have a pump? If not, consider the Eheim1250, Hydor L30 and if you're really on a budget, the Via 1300 would do, that is if you're planning on buying all your parts from D-tek. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
first thanks for a reply.
im not on a budget cuz my mom told me that she will buy my watercooling for christmas what i pick out hehehe
so the ww block is good right?
im planning to get the L30 maybe the 1250 dont know yet
and i don't know what vid card block should get :confused:
yes i wanna get the shroud should i have 2 heatercore fans or just 1 if 1 should it pull air or push?
thanks

Yes the WW would be your best choice from D-tek. If you can, go ahead and get a second shroud and place two fans in a push/pull config.
Those two pumps perform almost identically. The L30 is significantly smaller in size compared to the 1250 which I believe is 7" long. However, Eheim is known for reliability (not saying Hydor isn't) and is fairly quiet. I haven't really heard any bad things about Hydor but it's known to be a decent pump. Since it's smaller and performs the same, you should consider it.
About your video block, Danger Den's Maze4 GPU or a Swiftech's MCW50 might be a better choice than D-tek's vga block (I heard D-tek's chipset/vga block is pretty restrictive). Either of those are known to perform fairly well.
It looks like you're off to a good start though...

even better cuz i live like 5 min from d-teks so i can pick up the stuff and not pay for shipping i just found out yesterday:attn: :attn:

thanks i will check out the vid catd blocks u recomended!

is swifteck any good that blue top looks like plastic

Swiftech's craftsmanship is of very high quality and their customer support is second to none. That MCW50 is a solid performer, it's one of the more popular gpu blocks available.

Last edited:
it loos like it only takes 1/2in od tubing and im planning to have a 1/2 in id tubing sux:-( price looked fine too

Don't let that confuse you, they offer 1/2" barbed adapters so don't worry :), all your stuff will still be 1/2".

Oddly enough, I happen to have both of the blocks you plan on buying. Here's a picture of the MCW50 with the adapters next to a WW.
IMG_0831.JPG

Last edited:
cooolio
would u recomend tube clams from home depot (metal) or just the regular plastic?

and do you know howmany feet of tubing i would need?
i have a server tower case 10ft-20ft??

They'll both work well, however, if you choose the metal clamps, be careful not to overtighten them because they can easily tear the tubing. The plastic clamps are easier to work with, at least for me...

10' should be enough for ya, just map out your tubing and cut it slightly longer than you think you need it so you can trim it down if necessary. Try not to have excess tubing, the idea is keep your tubes as short as possible for optimum flow without hindering anything of course.

Last edited:
ok thanks for all ur advise pics looks nice im gonna go bed it is 3am here in so cali

see yaa later

Back