• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7/IC7 watercooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrusLRoc

I'm thinkin about getting one of these boards sometime soon, Probably the IC7max2 or max3... anyhow, I can't tell from any of the pictures i've seen if they have holes in the mobo for mounting waterblocks on the cpu and the nb. Also i have two sticks of old corsair xms pc3200 512mb, do you think this would hinder my overclock? Should i upgrade, as you can see from my sig i'm moving from AMD to intel so i'm a little confused. ;)

Thanks! :D
-Andy

Last edited:
875/865's require special adapters for NB blocks. If you get a NB block, be sure it can fit.

For your memory, I used Corsair XMS 3200 C2, it it worked great. Was able to run them at 222ish fsb at 2-6-3-2 timings. The Corsair seems to be hit or miss, with people reporting either memory overclocks great, or won't overclock over 2 fsb.

I say it's a great memory to start with, no doubt. You'll have to see what you can do with it when you put your new CPU in.

I'm hoping the nb block i just built will have some way of fitting, if not, no biggie i can just build one that will fit. What I'm wondering tho, is does it have holes in the mobo pcb or will i have to figure out some other way to mount it? Thanks again guys!!

Nope, no holes for the Northbridge, from what i've seen only AMD boards mount the Northbridge using holes in the mobo. I just ordered my IC7-G this morning with 1G of Kingston HyperX 4000. I've got a P4C 3.0 going on it. Mounting a waterblock perfectly on 875 mobos can be frustrating because of the loops. I have the Cyclone Nexus LX V1.2 From SilverProp Northbridge waterblock, and I think I'm going to get an engineer buddy of mine to make up a bracket to secure the block should I be unable to mod the factory bracket.

Hmmm, i'm wondering how well the stock cooling is on the nb, Sounds like a hassle to change it. I just ordered a ic7 max2 and a 2.4c from zipzoomfly this morning, so shouldn't be long til i get to start figuring it all out. :D

I,ve heard that the stock cooler is loud. If you want quick and easy look into the Thermaltake Tiger 1. It is apparently much quieter, and provides better cooling. I have had one on my P4PE for so long I had to change the fan already.

The NB fan is loud on my IC7, but I believe all the newer Abit motherboards are shipping with a different HS/fan. It was my understanding that these were quieter.

Back