• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Placement of 2x D-Tek Pro cores (with shroud)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3lite

Well where should I put them in a chieftech mid tower. Would both of them fit in the front? I know I'd have to remove the FDD and HDD cage but thats no prob.

Pump (Eheim 1260) > Rad 1> CPU > Rad 2> GPU > Pump

Is that OK?

And how loud is an aluminnium 80CFM evercool @ 7volts?

Or two?

I don't think you can get both in the front panel.
The only way I can think you can fit them both is one on the front panel and one on top (5.25" bay).

About the flow, that sounds good.

The Evercools are rated (probably not though) to be 30dbs in 12v, I'll aim around 22-24dbs in 7v if the rated spec is actually true, which I doubt.

Suma.

You won't be able to fit 2 ProCores in the front panel. You may be able to mount one in the front, and then one in the top thru a blowhole. The flow looks good though, good luck man.

Yea what suma said sounds good. One on the front and one in the 5.25 cage, given that you only have one drive. Even if you remove two HDD cages, you are left with enough room for a Caprice or a single-pass.

As for the flow run the CPU and GPU in series and the HCs in parallel so it would be something like this

Pump -> y-splitter -> rads in PARALLEL -> CPU -> GPU

Just curious? Why are running 2 ProCore's? One of them can cool almost anything out there, why 2?

Suma said:
Well that's a smart idea.
Caprice will be the best it's nicer :p

Suma.

Well single-pass performs better but it depends on what kindda WB he gets and how restrictive his sytem is. If the WB is already restrcitve like RBX, WW, Cascade, then he wont notice much difference in temp... Both HCs will do fine

just found out he meant the looks... lolz sorry :D

Last edited:
I want good temps with virtually no noise, I'll probably be running the evercools at somethibg like 5v.

CPU block is an RBX.

You could also leave one in the front and mount one on the side panel. I've seen a few guys do that and it worked very well for them.

If you're going for just a basic setup though, I would just have a regular HC. Running dual HCs will do nothing about the noise, you're actually adding more. 2 / 4 fans louder than 1 / 2.

If I have one single D-Tek procore with a 120mm 80cfm fan running at like 4v (virtually silent) wouldn't temps get a little high?

Having two would improve temps, right?

This is all becasue my computer is in my room, so its about 3m from my bed (8 feet or so).

I have a chieftec dragon mid tower:D

I calculated that there was enough space above the ps to put on rad, but the fan would stick out the top of the case and you only have about 1cm/.5in of clearence between the PS and the rad.

I have my 1 rad in the front of my case case with an enermax 120 mm fan in pulling air through

http://www.svc.com/en12vasphipe1.html

My entire system is 3 ft away from my bed and runs 24/7 and I can barely hear my system at all.

if you strive for to for the ultimatly quiet you will find that you have to quiet your pump. I have a Danner mag 3 and I find that it is the loudest component in my system and it is very quiet.

If you want to add a second rad I would just have a passive rad above the ps and an activly cooled rad in the front of the case cooled by a 120mm fan. Check the forums for good quiet fans.

2 cores doesn't necessarily yield better cpu temps. When I was watercooling a 1800+ tbred-a @ 2ghz~ 1.8v wiith dual large (bigger than pro-core) camry heatercores, my temps dropped 1-2c (1-2 because my external probe measuring air intake varied .3-.5 from testing with 1 core). Some people benefit more from dual cores like nikhsub1 (5c lower I think). In my case though, the single core handled the heatload fine. I suggest you try 1 first, if you find temps to be high, another core might benefit.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forums :beer:

it all depends if your willing to go that extrta mile for 1-2 c I would not but if you go enough extrra miles you eventualy might go down 10 c

Back