• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good are koolance case's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woody29

hi...
i've been offered a chance to buy a koolance case PC2-601BW from a friend's brother,
just wondered the water cooling in them are good for overclocking a barton 2500+.
i have no experience or knowledge about water cooling just hope some one here can put me straight whether i say yes or no to it.

thanks......

Koolance is an excellent start for the begginer. It cools like high end air cooling but its quite and reliable.

thanks for the replys......the things is it's secondhand 3 months old, and has a 450w psu and 4 aluminium 80mm evercool fans two intake and two out and all 4 on reostat. the price i seen in uk just for the case £199 but my friends brother wants £120 including the fans and psu....
i hear you guys say it's not that good for overclocking, would there be anyway to improve it or upgrade it, like getting better fans to the radiator or anything else.....????
one more thing would this coolance rig cool better then what i have currently in my sig( give me more head room for overclocking)

The Koolance rig won't give you much / if any advantage over your current air setup. It's just not a high-performing setup, it allows you just to say "I'm water-cooled." I would just save the money and spend it on a worthwhile setup.

thanks for the input guys....looks like it's not worth getting.
i was hoping it would do alot better than my current setup, for a small improvement to none is not really worth while.
i guess i was just hoping it would be a all in one easy solution to getting water and better cooling.

The Koolance rig won't give you much / if any advantage over your current air setup. It's just not a high-performing setup, it allows you just to say "I'm water-cooled." I would just save the money and spend it on a worthwhile setup.
I dont believe that a bit, where are the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I use both, my home made kit and Koolance, right now my 1700XP Tbred B is happy at 225 x11 1.77V and a solid 37 degrees full load. Obviously I am very happy. Look at this shot right after prime95 and high voltage with a koolance kit, the temperatures are the same with MBM5 and the Abit temp. probe software.

koolance_king.jpg

Koolance is not a high-performance setup. the short answer is NO

Believe me, even if you save money now, in the long run you are going to waste money because you get it for cheap now, and soon you realize other peoples setup look alot nicer, and perform better than yours and you start to think "hmmm upgrades..." you end up changing the whole entire setup in the end.

Save a lil bit more money and buy your own parts

what makes koolance performe poorly compare to other setups......???
is it the .....cpu block?? radiator?? ect..???

Back