• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

was wondering if anyone had some link's, lookin to get a 550 watt fortron soon 'n wanna wc it.

also, whats the reliability of this mod?

mucho thanx

actually
If u wanna stable and have full tower case
get another psu
It's because if u don't use peltier, pump will not use a lot of power... so...

Water Cooling a PSU shouldn't be taken lightly, it's a complicated thing to do well, with obvious dangers involved, and every PSU design is different. I did it to an Enermax 550 watt almost two years ago now, and its still running strong in my latest system. It did however take a while to find everything that required cooling and solving it all to my satisfaction.

My goal was to remove all the fans from my system so another thing is I personally wouldn't "load" mine up by running a TEC or another similar high current drain item from it. It may work fine, but in a zero fan environment I think it would be asking for trouble.

You can read my build article picture linked below, and there is also an update linked at the end to later revisions and findings. The update also needs another update really as the large white ceramic resister that can be seen in some of the images was getting too hot, (I noticed some discolouring of the copper "table" when checking something a while ago, so that is now fixed, (artic silver epoxied), to a copper plate that's in contact with the waterblock.

There are a few others in the community that have water cooled PSU's, one I can think of atm is detailed at Digital-Explosion

Back