• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing win2000 no bootable CD drive or network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Ok, I have a big problem setting up an old server I jusst bought. It has 4 SCSI drives all with winNT or 2k server, but I cant boot into any because I dont have the password.
I tried making bootdisks for win2000 on this PC so I could load it to do a network install but every time I tried I got a file not found error while setup was loading from the disks even with different floppies.
I cant use the CD because the server is so old that it doesnt have boot from CD capabilities. Is my only option to make a bootdisk set that works or is there a way to make it boot from CD or get into windows long enough to use the setup program on the CD?
I have tried the method involving a dos bootdsisk to get the password folder on a floppy and cracking it or resetting it but thats a no go as well because I cant find a bootdisk that has NTFS and SCSI drivers on the same disk.
Anyone ever got around this type of problem?

I have a legal copy of the win2000 CD but the OS installed on the drives when I got the PC were just there already. I was trying to get around the password screen basically because I thought it would be intresting to try out winNT server and win2000 server but I have given up on that and just installed win2000 on one of them anyway so Ill be reformatting the rest maybe for linux as soon as I can be bothered lol
BTW I managed to get the bootdisks to work after a couple more tries of reafoprmatting them and using the win2k mkbootdisk program.

EDIT
Sorry im an idiot I just re read your post and saw what u said, I thought u said 'are you the person you boght it for the password'
I did try that anyway, I asked the shop owner but he said it wasnt my data to be accessing so hes no help, I dont think he even knows it himself as it was a second hand thing to start with.

Back