• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For me new Prommy Mach II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ray@VSK

Ordering a P4 3.2c & probably the Abit IC-7 being it seems to be the hottest board out right now & I need to know what is the best ram for this board & if there is any difference between the IC-7 & the IC-7 G Performance/Overclocking wise ?

Got me a new mach II for the Cpu & a Swiftech for the 9800 & don't want to cut any corners, I don't want something that's gonna set me back, please no imaginations here or what should do's ;)

Thanks in advance,

I'm in the same boat, and so far I am "0" for "2". As you can see from my signature, I have the set up you are building and my 3.2c has maxed out at 3.8. I think it is the processor because I have tried Corsair 500MHz and Kingston HyperX 500MHZ running in dual channel mode (256X2 - dual channel). I had the corsair running my 2.4c @ 260 stable before I received my 3.2c. Now both the Corsair and the Kinston stop at 238-240 fsb. I've tried upping the CPU voltage but it is very unstable.

Enough about my issues? What are you trying to get to with overclocking the 3.2? I thought 4 GIG was do able, but have fallen short. I may take back the Kinstong HyperX and get some lower speed with better timings. Both the corsair and Kingston are 3-8-4-4. I have heard that DDR with CH-5 chips on it doesn't do well with the IC7-Max3 board. I may look into the Mushkin DDR or something else with BH-5.

Let me know how things turn out. Good luck.

Back