• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water coolingproducts for memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

im very close to gettin a prommy for my 2.4c..because im gonna run 1-1 this is gonna require some heavy duty cooling of the nb memory and various other components. does anyone have a link to water cooling parts and accessories for ram? i remember seeing some for sale a while back but i just cant remember where... thnx flapperhead

I believe that WCing a ram is an overkill... Usually the limitation on RAM tend to be voltage rather than heat... but I havent seen any commercial WBs for RAM... You would probably have to custom build it

i think this belongs in water cooling eoboard :p

just a suggestion

Not to sure how much this will help but I recall some people (may be just in my head) used a copper tube (the semi-flex type) and flattened it out in the center leaving the ends round and just slipped the tube over it. I think they used epoxy to hold it in place.

PS as Cool as it would be to have your RAM water cooled I also feel it is over kill...With that said don't forget the pics ;)

Cooling the ram has doubtful benefit indeed. I would make sure there is any speed benefit to be had at all first. Remember, water cooling is just a very good form of passive cooling. As such, you could do a little experiment with a big/strong fan first. Simply run the system with the side panel off and that fan pointed straight at the ram. With the copper heatspreaders and plenty of airflow, you'll be lowering temps for sure.
Now simply see whether this stopgap method yields any gain or not (remember to increase voltage too, if needed). If it does not help, it's probably also not worth it to try to get arcane watercooling on it, as the temp delta will not be so big as to be very likely to change the picture you got with the fan.

at an anticipated memory speed of 320+ and 3.2+ voltages,i wanted to plan ahead in case the heat becomes a factor. and yes, i actually saw a water jacketed memory cooler a while back, just cant recall where is saw it..

Remember...... Google is your friend ;)

There were ram blocks made by OCH but can no longer find any images via searching. If you check out the below topics they have links to an OCH product, (although the site is gone now). However there's some good general discussion and input from somone that's watercooled (and chilled) their ram, check it out.

I've found watercooling 3d card ram helps in a low airflow enviroment, but vga ram is used differently than system ram and often runs very hot before any v mods.

http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/showthread/t-2836.html

http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=236

It's not needed at all, hell for anything under 2.8V I think heatspreaders are overkill.

I thinka quiet 80mm fan would do just as well.

Back