• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

omg i think my mainos is messed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
omg i think my mainos is messed up

:eek: :eek: :eek:
i oc'ed my system and when it booted up i ran prime95, unfortunatly adaware and trojan scan were runningand the computer froze 2 times when they were running, now i am getting a "stop: c0000218 registry file failure" ugh im guessing this is screwed,, and i dont have a emergency backup and the win2k disk cant find one wheni try to locate, i can see the file in recovery console,, and already scanned for bad sectors.. any ideas before i reinstall the entire system??

Last edited:
repair couldnt find the installation, and seems the only way to get it back is to reinstall.. and i dont have a tape backup of the registry... so i cant juust redo the install of a another 2k.. guess its time to goto xp now..

Restore the registry hives that are found in the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Config subfolder.
If you do not have a tape backup, include the backup of network servers and production workstations.
NOTE: If Windows is stored on a FAT partition, you can restore the files by using another computer and by copying the registry hive files to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Config subfolder.

i did the parallel install... now the rest is confusing me

Running chkdsk /p several times from the console can sometimes fix this.It has for me many times.

oh, u ran it many times,, i only ran it once.... also i noticed with my parallel install that even the alt reg file was missing,, so if its screwed,, then all hope is lost and i must install a new os.. most likely going to be xp pro i guess

I have also found This here.My problem keeps returning so i have run the maxtor utility to repair a bad spot on the disc.I am hoping that it works this time.I beleive that my problem started with a bad stick of ram that i RMA'ed but it could also be a process writing to disk during shutdown as i often get the waiting for program to end box,usually it is ccapps or shouldnot seeme that is running.

yeah it was the ram, 1 stick had some bad blocks, as well as my cpu will freeze above 54 celcius..

Back