• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing and Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LPS

Registered
I just get my Heatercore and today get another part, just waiting for the wb and the res.

I have a question, my heatercore is unmod. how can i deal with the heatercore that the same as Suma one, Chevette heater core.
and there are difference of two sizes.
What exactly i should get and fit to my
ClearFlex 60 Premium Tubing 1/2" tube?

Well mine is already modded to have 1/2" babrs.
If I remember right you said that you don't have any "hardcore" tools. Is your HC 5/8" or what?

Suma.

Ouch.
The 2/3" is big.
a 1/2" ID tube will fit on the 5/8" one (heating may help)
your prob is the 2/3" the cheapest solution I can think of is a 2/3" small tube with a compression fitting to make it 1/2".

Suma.

3/4" sounds better.
You'll find a compression fitting in homedepot probably.
and if you heat up the tube "hard" you might can get it to fit on the 3/4". IMO get the fitting.

Suma.

ok
thanks
and when it cool down
it will fit to it
right?

Slide it on the 5/8" barb while it is still hot. As for the 3/4" barb go to Home Depot and pick up a 1/2" barb with 3/8"NPT screw that it to the 3/4" barb then either JB weld it or Marine goop it in place.

is the 1/2" barb with 3/8" NPT screw in metal or pastic?
how can the 3/8" NPT join to the 3/4"?
I have to seal it or??

You can get either plastic or metal your choice. At the end on the 3/4" barb there is a small notch where it will hold the barb but not air tight. So you use the marine goop or JB weld to seal it off. I know this works cause this is what I did to mine.

It's easy than
just like put it in
and it dry and that's it
right?

Actually you won't need any fitting or such. Your 1/2Id and 1/8"wall will fit on BOTH barbs.

1. Cut the existing barbs on the HC until theres about 1" left
2. Measure out how much tube you are going to need to connect the HC, pump, and CPU block
3. Boil the tube until you can stretch it relatively easy and then just try to shove it onto the barbs.

I did mine with no fittings or new barbs...

Back