• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-tek Spir@l or TC-4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dales69

Hello all - this is my first post. I enjoy these forums so much, I registered. My question - I'm deciding between a D-tek Spir@l and a D-tek TC-4 and I'd appreciate some input. Are either or both better at high flow or low flow setups. I'm looking at using a 1/2 inch copper coldplate. peltier, Rio 2500, 1/2 inch lines, and some kind of heater core and tank setup. Any help would be appreciated. Meanwhile, I'll keep digging thru the forums. Thanks. Dale

Welcome to the Forums

Well the TC4 is a better block then the spiral. However your going to have to do alittle work to use a pelt with either block. Seeing as how they are not made to be used with pelts.

I wouldnt recommend gettin a D-Tek if you are planning to go with a pelt.. I recommend a Swifty 5000 or 5002. These blocks are designed to cool the entire surface equally, as compared to other blocks that focus more on cooling the center. Plus, if you buy the TEC kit from Swifty, they do give you almost everything you need to get started except for PSU.

I would say go with the MCW462-UHT if you can find it and have the four mounting holes for it. Also if you do get the swifty don't forget to get the di electric grease.

PS also what CPU do you plan on colling cause that might help us help you.

Basically I bought a few pieces here and there to experiment with. I'll be laid up at home for a month and a half after rotator cuff surgery Wed. I have a drummer who is a machinist who can help me with mounting adaptors, so I thought I'd try a little of this, a little of that. As soon as I get my Abit NF7-S, I'm going to mount my AMD 1700+ JIUHB, and start playing with speeds. If I remember right the peltier is 40mmX40mm and 160 watt. As far as waterblock, I've got an opportunity to get either of the D-tek blocks for a good price.

There was a guy at another forum that used a pelt and cold plate on the TC4. If I can I'll try to find it for you. Just remember to get the gaskets and grease for the mobo, this will stop condensation from killing your mobo or add on cards.

Actually I was thinking about trying to control the pelt to give me temps in the 34-35F range to avoid the condensation question. Would this work?

There was something about doing that on the front page awhile back. If you go to the front page and look under pelts and such you might find it there.

Back