• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it supposed to be like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kev380

i tried to torture my 2.4c with prime95. i set the vcore to 1.65v in bios. but when the prime95 is running, pc probe shows that the vcore drops to 1.53-1.55v. and after i stop the test, vcore goes back to 1.65v. is this what it's supposed to be? vocre drops in full load? it cant be my power supply's fault,right? i mean, it's an antec true430 after all.

Yes. My default vcore is 1.47 in asus probe. running prime it drops to 1.41 and I get errors. I set mine @ 1.5875 then it drops to 1.52 and is stabil. Only set your vcore as high as is needed to run prime95 w/o errors.

Asus probe, etc. aren't accurate. When this first happened to me I thought crap my psu also. Well a couple hrs later with a digital multimeter, running prime, testing, etc. I determined my psu was fine. The readings in the software were inaccurate.;)

That is normal on the asus...The onboard voltage regulation on ASUS leaves a bit to be desired...I just increase the V in bios to compensate. I t hasn't relly caused me any trouble with OC so I don't care.

Another tip is to set AGP voltage to 1.7 or 1.8 which does stabilize your cpu voltage for some reason.

Back