• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maiof

Is there a way i can turn recovery off, yet save a recover point just in case?

thanks,
maiof

you mean system restore ????

if so, right click my computer and choose property. See system restore???

you can turn off system restore there

if you turn off system resotre then you cant make a system retore. instead simply run a backup using ntbackup and make sure to include system state.

there's no option for "system state" do i just select the windows dir?

i cant find it in my computer... but i put it in start /run and i get a wizard... but i cant find an option to save system state...

well.. i found the backup program... but how do i just back up the "system state" like stated above?

The easiest way is from the command line...Start | Run | Type cmd and click OK. To backup the System State data, type...

ntbackup backup systemstate

systemstate specifies that you want to back up the System State data. For example, to create a backup job named "Backup Job 1" that backs up the System State data to the file C:\backup.bkf, type...

ntbackup backup systemstate /J "Backup Job 1" /F "C:\backup.bkf"

Using the Windows interface...Open Backup (the Backup Utility Wizard starts by default, unless it's disabled) | Click the "Advanced Mode" button in the Backup Utility Wizard | Click the "Backup" tab, then in "Click to select the check box for any drive, folder, or file that you want to back up", select the System State check box (this will back up the System State data along with any other data you've selected for the current backup operation). :)

Back