• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Ok i'm having problems with directX. I'm not sure if it's a game problem, hardware problem, or OS problem. I am tyring to play Starfleet Command III. I played part 1 before and it was an intertaining game so I figured I'd give part 3 a shot. HOwever when I go to play it I get an error saying that directX 8.1 or greater must be installed on my system. I am currently running directx 9 on my comp I believe. I don't know what the problem is. Has anyone heard of this before? Are there some options that I can do to make the game realize that I am running a version that is greater than 8.1? I don't get it. I ahve a 9700pro graphics card and this is really *****in me off. Thanks for any help
Duck

I believe you need the DirectX9_Fix available here...

http://www.sfc3files.com/file.info?ID=8296

Setup checks the following Key in the Registry for the correct version number of DX...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | DirectX

...in that it would be possible to change the "Version" String value according to whatever version Setup is looking for during the install (this would be an alternative to the downloadable fix I made note of above...if it doesn't happen to work for you.) :)

Last edited:
Back