• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dtek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abitking

Disabled
im planning to get the WW block from dtek but it has 2 barbs on top and i need 2 for intake and out what do i do with the 3rd???

abitking said:
im planning to get the WW block from dtek but it has 2 barbs on top and i need 2 for intake and out what do i do with the 3rd???

The middle barb is the water 'In' or intake and the two to the left and right are the exit ,or return.

so what do i do if i have only 1 intale and 1 out that i needwhat i do with the extra 1 barb how do i plug it in?

that is a bummer will restrict my flowrate
and another place for water to leak :-((( personal attacks are not allowed. -eobard

The WW is one of the best waterblocks out there. Here's my waterblock before I installed it with the Y connector.

P1010012.JPG

so what!
doent matter what i wrote it still would be better if there would be a 2 barbs on ot like maze 4 it just another connection where problem can occur.

but whateve dont respond if u dont like me remarks

Their is a reason to have 3 barbs instead of 2 and it isn't to make your life more complicated. If you dont care about the reason why there is 3 barbs then the WW isn't for you.

Since87 said:

This coming from the guy who wrote this:

and this:

:rolleyes:

Hey Sinve87... We can always be nice to new guys ;)

edit
also, this forum has been going through lotta drama over the couple of days... I dont think all the "mean to each other" is necessary...

i don't think i need to brush up on my grammar, since i don't really care the way i write here.
It was just quick typing, so it is too bad for you if you don't like it.

ok ,but whateve!

thanks for those who helped and not criticised !!!!!!!

You should care, if you want help. That way people don't have to decipher what you are trying to say.

The 3 barbs is actually (I guess) integral design of the WW, it's actually very restrictive if you can look at pics of the insides since it has a "slot" for inpingement/jet effect under the middle barb. However for performance it really is excellent, and I hear Dtek have sorted out that bad base problem they seemed to have.

Really there are only two extra connections at the Y but so long as you use hose clamps (and some silicon sealant if you really want to be sure) it won't be any bigger a risk than any other connection in the loop i.e. if you're careful it will work fine.

An alternative might be something like the new RBX block (thread around here somewhere) which apparently is a lot cheaper for not a great deal less performance. I've not really checked too much in depth but something to think about if budget is important; if not the WW will perform better than just about everything.

As for all the fighting/nitpicking over spelling and so forth, there's really no need is there? Give it a rest already before a mod comes here and locks the thread ;)

thanks for your help.
i was thinking to use a silicone sealing also just to be on the safe side.

i'm down fighting not worth it and im not here to fight!

abitking said:
that is a bummer will restrict my flowrate
and another place for water to leak :-((( stupid guy who invented that

I think the underlined comment is what set the tone for the rest of this thread. The guy you speak of is a regular on this board and quite a few others.

abitking, from what you've said and been quoted as saying, I can tell you are new to water cooling. I would suggest you do quite a bit more reading about it before you even buy the parts, much less install them. A few extra days of research might save you the troubles of hosing your system. There is a ton of info at your disposal. It's much better to learn from others' mistakes.

peace.
unloaded

humdinger said:

As for all the fighting/nitpicking over spelling and so forth, there's really no need is there? Give it a rest already before a mod comes here and locks the thread ;)
Too late, but I've pruned it and so now I'll unlock it. The fighting stops now, as it is several members can expect PMs.

Back