• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noble2501

Everytime I open a new window or click a link that opens a page in new window, I don't get the status bar in that window. I have to go to view and start it my self every time. Why? Why won't it open the status bar with the new window? How can I correct this so it does open it?
I haven't found any setting that would change this in tools - internet options, or else where.

With only one IE window open, click View-->Status Bar | Right-click on IE's Toolbar and select "Lock the Toolbar" | Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right) | Open Windows Explorer, click View-->Status Bar | Right-click on Explorer's Toolbar and select "Lock the Toolbar". Select Tools | Folder Options | "View" tab | Click the "Apply to all folders" button | Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right) | Open IE to any page, right-click on a link and select "Open in New
Window".

Next, verify that the following Registry String Values exist, under the below Key (Start | Run | Type regedit and click OK)...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Internet Explorer | Main

"Show_StatusBar"= yes
"Show_URLinStatusBar"= yes :)

Back