• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any1 using dangerden z chip on abit nf7s 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neop

i changed mine to dd z chip but my fsb became worst...

from def nb hsf 220fsb to i cant even prime95 stable @ 200fsb

my mobo wun run at 200fsb stable and i think it's becos of dangerden z chip which i installed on the chipset.

cos the blk kinda like rectangle and the chipset is like squarish and after installing the waterblk, there's about 0.5cm of the side of the nb not coverred by the waterblk. i jus cant cover it completely.

i was thinking if getting a thin piece of copper and cover up the chipset then mount the z chip, will help? used to get 220fsb with the def nb hsf. now cant even get 200. SAD.

i changed my rams and cpu already, still cannot 200fsb. so i think it's the waterblk. logical ?

less then 5mm exposed. bout 2 or 3 mm exposed.

or izzit because i used colgate instead of thermal paste?

colgate instead of thermal paste

Colgate? Isnt that tooth-paste?

Northbridge cooling does affect your fsb, sounds like you didnt mount the block properly. How is the flow going to the block? what are the temps of the water?

the only way I was able to get my FSB to 220 was by installing a chipset waterblock. And yes it is the DD z-chip block. Try remounting the block and use a thermal paste (artic silve 3, 5 or ceramique)

:eek: That is your problem right there - try and get some Arctic Silver 3 on there pronto - for all you know your chipset is overheating.

9mmCensor - Does colgate even act as a thermal transfer material at all, let alone long term?

I have one to and it works fine at 225 FSB with the 3200 I have. I say remount the block with some real paste.

felinusz said:

9mmCensor - Does colgate even act as a thermal transfer material at all, let alone long term?

You would be pleasently surprised.
Though it isn't a long term option and you really should switch.
I am using it and it seems just fine, but I don't have good enough memory or CPU to get the FSB up there so I don't know that i can help much.

i changed to as3 and it can run my barton 2800+ @ 12 x 166 =(

changed to the def nb hsf which i used to run 220 fsb, oso cant run 166 or 200fsb.

shld be going to the distributor on monday to try to change a new board.

I have the z chip also and 225 is no problem even with cpu interface enabled. with cpu interface disabled I can get to 230 but performance is worse.

Back