• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E ICH5R not work with 7K250?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyuet

Registered
I have some problem with this config, 2 x 160gb hitichi 7k250 sata hdd, Asus p4c800-e ICH5r, I wanna setup a raid 0 to replace my old raid set, that is 2 x 160g seagate 160gb. the old raid is working very well, but i hope 7k250 will give me better performance, that too bad is that new raid set not working!

after I reinstall my windows xp or ghost back old winxp but both not working, the post screen is " A disk read error occuried", I tried many way to fix it but still cant, anyone have same problem like me? I dunno is the 7k250 or just asus's bios problem, I tried 1011 and 1013, but also both not working. That so sad I maybe need to use that promise sata raid. :(

i'm planning on setting up 2 hitachi 7k250 160s in a raid 0 as well on the ich5r tomorrow, so if you're having problems, i'll see if mine works...maybe it's a problem with the board or HDs, and not compatibilty?

take care!

I have no problem right now, I dunno what wrong with that b4, but now is working fine, compare to my old seagate 160gb the new one is tooooo fast. :D

Back