• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ver2 at newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

4pca3+ ver 2. i checked with newegg and they were like we aint gonna check a verison of our stuff for 1 Knucklehead.. so has anyone bought one there and got the new version? . cause i want another 875 mb and i aint doing any more pain in the a** vmem mods. thnx...

Well, I think Clevor mentioned that the rev 2.0 comes in a 'shiny blue box' not the normal white box. Looking at the pic on Newegg, that ain't the white box. Now normally pics can't be trusted, but considering that they didn't really have it before (that I know of) it's a good chance they got a bunch in, pulled one an photo'ed it...and that's what it was. I would like to know as well.

Anyone know what revision 2.0 is designed to fix? I'm very interested in building an Intel system and this motherboard looks great except for a) vcore voltage and b) questionable Quality Control...??

Forget newegg, you can order the Rev 2.0 from here:
http://www.censuspc.com/Merchant2/m...e=C&Product_Code=4PCA3P&Category_Code=MOT0021

And it only cost 130 plus tax. They also have a very good rating.
I got my rev 2.0 back in september from them and receive it in two days.

The rev 2.0 is pretty much the same as the 1.1 & 1.2, except the box comes in shinny purple box, 2x purple round cable, purple cd etc., and the board ide and agp connector are in different color than the 1.1 & 1.2. Also, the rev 2.0 have the vcore option up to 1.85v.

All indications (customer testimonials, pictures on the site) say the 4PCA3+ at NewEgg is revision 2.0. I just ordered one so I guess we'll see....

Ordered as well: Kingston HyperX PC3000 and I'm hoping for BH-5 obviously!

Picked up a 2.4C SL6Z3 at a local shop today.

cool, let me know how that badboy runs.i was gonna pick one up but, with the new prescotts coming out in feb im not sure i wanna invest in a new board.

flapperhead said:
cool, let me know how that badboy runs.i was gonna pick one up but, with the new prescotts coming out in feb im not sure i wanna invest in a new board.

From what I hear, I'm not too excited about Prescott yet. Besides, I'm never an early adopter, I always wait for the 'next' revision, and I'm sure there will be some whether it be such and such RAM is incompatible or the mobos are all poorly implemented and necessitate several revisions. Price goes down in the meantime too. The bottom line is, you pay a price, not just in money, for the newest and greatest. If Prescott comes in Feb, I don't expect them to be perfect and stable and cost effective until at least May (for example).

Either way, I'll still have a top of the line system that should last me a long while.

yep thats certainly true with new chips. this board was my first choice but their distribution was so bad i finally bought an ic7 and did a vdimm mod. so with prescott coming, in a couple months and without the real need for a 2nd computer i am reluctantly holding off. epox has great overclockingboards, the best kept secret on this forum

rev2.2 here also... 2.6c @ 3.4 comp hard locks @ 262fsb... it will go higher... its something with the board... the comp will post and boot to windows and its stable @ 3.4ghz (3-4day uptime of 24/7 seti) if i increase fsb by 1 it hard locks everytime... no matter the voltages... ive had the vcore up to 1.75, agp to 2.0 and mem to 3.2...

slk947 and Tt SfII.. 51c load

according to the epox magic flash thing... yes i do.. i have the 8/19/03 bios...
and its not that i cant go over a certain mhz (due to a possible board limitation) cause i had a 3.0c @ 3.5 (semi stable) 3.7ghz posting

Thoth said:
according to the epox magic flash thing... yes i do.. i have the 8/19/03 bios...

8/19/03 bios is not the lastest bios. Epox just came out with a newer bios than that, dated something like 12/16/03. The only way to get it right now is to go through the magic utility from epox. I'm happen to just move to a new house without any phone line hook up yet, so I cannot download the new bios myself. I'm typing all of this from my work computer, so I cannot download magic bios utility onto my work machine. I'm trying to find a mirror site somewhere, where I can download the new bios. So anxious to try out the new bios. If anyone happen to located the new bios, please post it so I can download it. Thanks in a million.

updated to the 12/16 bios, still @ 262 tho....
if i could get my hands on a faster cpu (3.0 or so) the fsb thing wouldnt be a problem.... as it stands i'm lookin for a new board now... any suggestions?

i think ive read somewhere that the best bios version is the 7/xx/03....ill know tomorrow coz when my mobo arrives...

The new bios work out great here, I now can push this cpu to 288fsb 1.70v in bios(1.65 usdm), memory at 5:4 2-2-2-5 @3.2v and memory aggressive mode set to "Max". Where my previous bios(7/03) can only prime stable what in my sig right now.

Been running two instance of prime95 overnight and still going when I check it this morning(will be home maybe after midnight to check on it). My loading temp are at 53C.

Will try and push this further once I get home. I'll post back with my result.

Back