• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP got sloooow after installing ATi Catalist 3.9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

I have a XP2400+ system here, Asus A7N8X, 512 PC3200, Radeon 9500, XPpro SP1 that has gotten slow after installing Catalist 3.9 drivers. All the motherboard drivers from the CD are installed. Since I'm an AMD/Radeon NooB what can this be?!

People have been having problems with the cat3.9s to begin with. I would try rolling back to the old driver. Also, update your chipset drivers, it can never hurt to do that. The ones from the cd are probably not the newest version available. Good luck!

Matt

mdcomp said:
People have been having problems with the cat3.9s to begin with. I would try rolling back to the old driver. Also, update your chipset drivers, it can never hurt to do that. The ones from the cd are probably not the newest version available. Good luck!

Matt

Careful with them. I had serious issues with the newest chipset drivers.

Back to the Cats, I have not noticed a difference at all with mine. Maybe give the Omegas a shot.

{PMS}fishy said:
Careful with them. I had serious issues with the newest chipset drivers.

Really? They actually improved my peformance a bit. People have been saying great things about it. You do mean the new b force2 drives? Thats what I am talking about.

Matt

Back