• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best abit for OC'ing a 2.4C without hurting the wallet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodredbath

dont let this being my first post fool you :p not a nub on forums

i wanna invest in a new mobo by abit but i'm not sure which ones suit my needs. people wanna give me your opinions? the max3 is just too much money unless someone will buy my 200GB hard drive.

Mobo's Suggested:
IC7-G for $105 - refurb (i dont usually buy refurbs, they scare me but we will see)

Last edited:
if you are scared of refurbs like i am do you wanna trust someone on ebay. Been scr*w*d once. I would rather trust the iC7 from newegg.

batboy said:
One of the best budget mobos going is the Abit IS7-E. It has a ton of features.

I agree I have an IS& and for $85 shipped it is a great deal runs my 2.4C at 3.3!

Cisco KId

thanks for your help to the nub guys ;) i appreciate it.

i purchased a ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB and 1GB PC3200 XMS LL DDR RAM. my next purchase i think will be the IC7-G Max2 :) since i still have a case, mobo, cd rom, floppy, heatsink...etc.. all that good stuff for sale. i think i can squeeze out the newegg price of the mobo :)

Thanks again!

I would get the AI7 personally... can go to 1.95v on vCore and can go to 3.2 Vdimm.... You can really get some mean overclocks with this board... And for the Same price as the IC7 you get the ability to change FSB Voltages within windows and a 10/100 onboard LAN and Onboard Sound that actually works right.... I just lost My IC7.... I was doing some other mods and I pulled up on of the pads for my Vdimm mod and somehow I ended up killing the Winbond chip with some stray solder during a little slip and I desoldered what I could but now I don't get power anymore... So I'm getting the AI7 personally as I don't have to do any Volt Mods anymore.....

Back