• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If not Abit or Asus, then what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, apparently Abit is having a bit of a problem with 1:1 ratios with memory. I've got a Max3 right now that won't boot at 250FSB 1:1. My memory is part of the problem, but not being able to boot at 250 1:1 with any PC4000 has got to be the mobo's fault. Plus I've been hearing of people having problems with this anyway.

As far as Asus goes, I'm just got a fan of passive NB cooling. Yeah, it'd probably be a lot quieter, and I kinda want a quiet machine as I do a lot of music production, but I don't know about this. And I don't want to have to get a different chipset fan to replace it. I want the mobo to come with it stock.

So if not Abit or Asus, what should I get? The DFI board? I hear they're having BIOS problems. Gigabyte? How's the OCing?

the epox EP-4PCA3+ver2. is supposed to be good overclocker. plus it gives u up to 3.2 vmem. im gonna get one as a second board soon

Not that many people got a MSI they Overclock great and they have memory ratios I know you can do 1:1 with 2.2.2.5.8 at 250fsb if your ram is good take my word I got a MSI 865PE mobo it's runing a 2.8B at the moment and it runs stable.

Back