• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

free virus scanner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya AVG is the best one I have found as well. I have been using it for 6 months or so. I was using etrends (free for M$ NT users) and I got infected real bad (a Worm and a Trojan) and it never saw a thing switched to AVG and found over 1,500 infected files :eek: been a solid AVG user ever since.:D
PS I think Panda Platinum is free for a while, it's said to be good to.

Yeah AVG works great, but i never get virsus cause I onyl download trusted stuff, so i got rid of it. But friends machines who will download antyhing i tell them to run AVG, plus i found the fee online one (is it panda or somin) works just as well to.

I second eTrust Antivirus or EZ Armor. It uses 2 scanning engines making it twice as effective. I'm using the professional edition on my laptop and works great. Catches everything and updates are nearly 24 hours.

Back