• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Theres a few threads about it a few days old, take a look through the pages.

Jon

i too am wondering how the RBX performs, but i searched for "RBX" and got nothing useful.

on another note, i emailed dangerden and they said coppertops will be available starting monday:D

edit: i thought i had seen a rather lengthy post, but for some reason it didn't show in my search. you can find it here.

Last edited:
no soild numbers thoughs....
might just have to bight the bullet and grab it...
gona wait till monday though.. i want a copper top

The White Water and Evo are both good blocks. Have you thought about them? I haven't seen any performance test on the RBX yet so I can't say anything. But the WW is one of the best plus their base problem is "supposedly" solved by now.

its either RTX or WW for me.
i cant afford the cascade even if it has slightly btter temps than WW. $50 USD more is not worth the 1-2C temp benifit the Cascade has over the WW.. Mainly my Budget is concerned

Just ordered the RBX with a copper top.
back to water for jay :D

i only see brass tops for the P4 and reg AMD. theres a copper top for the Athalon 64/Opertron, but everything else has brass. i want a copper top!!!!

also theres a link on dangerdens homepage about a review. its in norwegian, but theres also a link to a graph that says it performed better than the white water. could be sketchy though...

zip22 said:
also theres a link on dangerdens homepage about a review. its in norwegian, but theres also a link to a graph that says it performed better than the white water. could be sketchy though...
Ha, that is a funny graph. Most would argue that the Maze 3 outperforms the Maze 4 and the WW outperforms the Maze 3 by roughly 6C. Now how could it be that the Maze 4 (in that test) is only 1C behind the WW. :rolleyes:

whoops i ment to say brass...
Looks like Joe is doing a review on this block with his new tester...
Looks like everyone is goning to have some SOILD numbers to look at

jAY said:
whoops i ment to say brass...
Looks like Joe is doing a review on this block with his new tester...
Looks like everyone is goning to have some SOILD numbers to look at

We'll have to wait for Joe C. to test the other competitors too, however. I guess that the DTEK WW will be tested sometime, but the original Cathar WW probably not... and what about the Cascade?

FIZZ3 said:

We'll have to wait for Joe C. to test the other competitors too, however. I guess that the DTEK WW will be tested sometime, but the original Cathar WW probably not... and what about the Cascade?

I think the heatsink database is something we all take for granted.
I never knew how much i loved it untill looking for waterblocks.
I cant wait till the waterblock database grows....

Would still like to see some classic blocks in it to see how much they have improved over time.

jAY said:

I think the heatsink database is something we all take for granted.
I never knew how much i loved it untill looking for waterblocks.
I cant wait till the waterblock database grows....

Would still like to see some classic blocks in it to see how much they have improved over time.

Yeah, especially when all there is otherwise is a handful of flawed reviews with scattered blocks in wildly differing situations. If you want to be more certain about a block's performance, you'll have to play the waiting game. Luckily, waterblocks don't age *that* quickly and most people can hold out with an old heatsink in the mean time.

Back