• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't overclock on the MAX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neospazzy

I just upgraded to the IC7-MAX3 board and it won't let me overclock! No matter what FSB setting i change in the BIOS, it always defaults to 200MHz FSB! WTF?! It worked fine on my IC7-G where I was able to overclock the CPU to 3.28GHz (250 x 13). Also, my AGP/PCI clock on this board reads at 29/14 for some odd reason ... regardless whether I locked the AGP/PCI clock or not!

I read somewhere that it could be my memory (please see sig below).

Please help!!!!

Yep, I have updated the BIOS to 13 and back to 12 and again to 13. It just doesn't want to overclock!!! I now agree with you guy ... the BIOS is screwed up period! I noticed that during the BIOS upgrade (using a floppy), the first half of the top row of the programming block status bar remains "NO UPDATE" (blue bar) while the other 3 1/2 rows are updated (white bar).

I am returning the IC7 MAX3 after putting back the IC7-G. I am happy with the IC7-G and I will stick to it until Prescott. Thanks guys!

You're returning your card couse you simply can't get the bios to work? Give it another try :p

You guys all ROCK! The replacement board is running beautifully so far and the weird AGP/PCI values are no more. I am currently running at my now familiar 3.28GHz and am in the process of pushing it just a bit higher. Thanks Bat, Flapper, Perre, and Csybe for all your support and knowledge.

Don't you just love 30-day money back guarantees? Thanks again guys!

Just wanted to make sure that you were sure about RMA'ing your board. :)
It's very nice to hear that it all worked out for you. Good luck with that OC!

mine works fine no problems yet

cant figure out why the onboard net card wont work

think some setting is bad
it detects it though

OC problems

i need ure help guys...i have IC7-MAX3 and i cannot OC my cpu at all..i have 2.8 800fsb and it wont even let me turn it up to 201..now im very new on OC and i dont understand much in the bios settings like the ratios and all..but if someone could tell me what i need to do, like what optiosn i need to mess wit or whatever..that will help ..also i have 1 stick of 512 2700..coudl that b the problem? i am gettin 1 gig 3200 HyperX ram next week so if thats the problem it will b fixed..but please help thanx

Back