• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evo4 thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
Here's a few answers to some questions that several of you have been asking.

First, I pulled it. Why? Because this is not "ethicsforums.com" this is "ocforums.com". Does that mean that I don't care about ethics? No it does not, I in fact do care about ethics. But in the watercooling section the subject should not be ethics, the subject should be watercooling. The method in which the discussion is carried out should be ethical, but not the subject itself. We had a place for discussions about things such as ethics in the computer industry, it was called "Debates", and it doesn't exist anymore because it caused more problems than it solved. Now we still have a section called "General Related Computer Discussion". (yes I am aware of the 100 post minimum) Should a thread about ethics in the computer world go there? I suppose it would depend on just how the thread is handled. Keep in mind that the forum's rules apply in all subsections, so a thread about etihcs in the GRCD section that is full of personal attacks is still going to get edited/pulled.

Next, why did I not inform members right away that I pulled it? It was a thick thread to sort through and I needed time to deal with it. Unfortunately for the forums I'm not a robot and my real life has not provided me with the proper amount of time so it had to wait for a little over a day. I have been on the forums very little over the last few days. I've dealt with a few small matters but didn't have time for anything else. Also I made the other mods aware that while there would be a bit of a delay I was going to deal with this. This is why they did not take care of it earlier. If anyone has a problem with this your problem is with me and me alone.

Finally, will I be putting the thread back? No. I'm not going to root through it and do a hack job, cut'n'pasting everything. I'm going to let everyone have their opportunity to have their voice fully, equally and un-editedly heard (so long as it stays within the confines of the forum rules and does not stray from the topic). I have PM'd Neomoses letting him know that he is welcome to start the thread over if he wishes. I have told him that some of the members may have tough questions for him but so long as those questions don't turn into a witch hunt or flame fest that I will not get involved. If he chooses to return and start the thread again and members do choose to turn it into a witch hunt or flame fest I will get involved.

So, if Neomoses wants to come back and post about the evo4, that's fine. If some of you want to ask hard questions about it, that's fine too, I am not trying to stiffle discussion or supress information. But character attacks will not be tolerated.

This is not a discussion, this is not up for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back