• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan tails not 'sleeved'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigs

I just ordered this fan and the fan tail is not 'sleeved', you can pay additional to have it 'sleeved' and choose a color...sleeving is putting like heat shrink tubing on it right? or is it going to come without a molex connector or something?

Twigs said:
I just ordered this fan and the fan tail is not 'sleeved', you can pay additional to have it 'sleeved' and choose a color...sleeving is putting like heat shrink tubing on it right?

Right. It will have a connector, but not the optional sleeve fitted over the wires.

That my friend is an incredible fan for the price. Man I wished the prices were like that here.

heh, gj i got that fan as well, im putting it in my case as SOON as i can mod the fan grills out...the chenbro xpider gaming bomb pc6166, its a nice one, dubs in ur pc
________
Bmw N54 History

Last edited:
Those Aluminum fans are nice.
But I found that the Nidec Beta5 move more air
with very similar noise levels.

Nidec Beta 5 (#B34262)

120mm - ball bearing - 3 blade - 4050rpm - 130cfm =
= One for $5.95 or two for $10.

@ Electronic Goldmine

These are my new favorite 12 volt 120mm fans.
At 130cfm they move more air than the 120x38mm Sunon
(aka Vantec Tornado) and have a lower tone which is more
pleasing to the ear.

Good luck! ............................... 'nnock:D

Back