• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hdd reformat with recovery disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

ok, when i got my comp, it had no win xp disk, but did have a recovery disk...is it possible to reformat my hdd with the recovery disk?(that's where you clean it and then start over, right?)

That's right.
I'm pretty sure you can format your HD with the recovery disk - however it depends on the disc.
There's only one way to find out though - stick the disc in in Windows, and there should be several options including formatting the HD. If there isn't an option, try restarting the computer with the disc in the drive and the computer may boot from the CD, giving you futher options.
;)

AFIsoldier said:
ok, when i got my comp, it had no win xp disk, but did have a recovery disk...is it possible to reformat my hdd with the recovery disk?(that's where you clean it and then start over, right?)

The original floppy disk that came with the WD800 disk you have should allow you to format the drive. If you lost it, I can send you an email with the copy of that disk.

Back