• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC-7 Shutdown Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhilthyPhil

Registered
Hey everyone

i have a strange problem in that when shutting down it freezes up in the shutdown screen and stays there,it does not power down and i have to power down by holding the power button in.It does this regardless if i OC or not,and regardless of which Bios i use.

Strangely enough if i close every program i'm running and THEN shut down it usually does it without freezing up.

Weird ?

Here's what i'm running:

Win XP Pro SP1

IC-7 [email protected]
1 GB Corsair LL PC3200
Sapphire Radeon 9700Pro
SB Live Value Snd card

::bang head

Check for services/programs running when your shutting down... also try disable the NIC...

My 2 cents...

Usually its software causing this problem man, whether its XP not shutting something down properly or something else. I would be about 95% sure its not hardware. I see these problems on machines at work, fresh installs and all the updates usually solve the problem.

jcrox,yeah it must be a software or driver issue/ problem and it might just be the SB Live.I'll do a clean install on another drive without the SB Live

How good or bad is the onboard sound ?

yeah, i have had problemswith the creative drivers also, i have the original audigy and xp hated it for a while, seems to do fine with the newest drivers tho.

*I'm running this same thread in the Abit forums*

Ok this is just plain weird

I've done fresh installs on 4!!! different drives and it's either after i install Windows Media player 9 or SP 1.

I've seen some posts in other forums with people having the same problems with Win 98 and the 875 chipset it's caused by ATI/Intel driver combo,but i'm running XP so i'm about as confused as ever

Back