• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heater Core w/ or w/o AC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Either one would be good. There is a 1/2 inch width difference and 1 inch height difference between the 2. See which would fit you case better. The barbs on both look straight for the first inch or so away from the top which is plenty to attach tubing or solder/epoxy barbs.

the 39-9090 is a single pass (which are said to work better) and is about the same size ... only difference is you have a barb at opposite ends of the hc ... also they only cost about $18 from autozone

heater Core

Hello

I just went to Autozone on line and could not find the 39-9090 part number. Could you please tell me from what car is it from?

I am really preparing to do a water cooling system and
$20 is $60 less than in any Water cooling kit.. lol.

Can you guys help me? I have read so many articles that I am
just way too confused with Brands/styles/types, etc.
My thinking is to buy a pump at home Depot, the heater core at
Auto Zone (or the like), buy a cpu block ( I have no means to make one) and still searching on what to do about hoses/clamps, etc.

Thank you

Daniel Rodriguez
Gigabyte 7N400Pro
AMD 2700+
Chaintech 5200
Running hot 55F :(

Welcome to the Forums!

Here is some info DarkSide8416 posted to find a single pass @ autozone:
Pick 1972- Chevrolet Pickup- K10 1/2 TON P/U 4WD- 8 Cylinders 402 6.6L 4BL
Then click on Shopping, enter your zip code, select Climate Control, select Heater Core, select With A/C
And BINGO you should have part number 399090 for $17.99

I have both.. and I recommend Balkamp Heater Core w/ AC because the tank is differnent between the two and Balkamp Heater Core w/ AC can be weld/sold easier...

Does anyone have a pic and dimensions of that Chevy K10 heater core? Does it fit 2 120mm fans?

the second heater core is also out of an 85 chevy caprice classic...it's the rad i use and it works wonders..it is taller than a standard 120 MM fan and a tad bit wider athan 2 120mm fans as well. I used foam tape all around the edges to seal the gap off

Back