• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp drivers missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amazon10x

this isnt my computer, its a friends. now, when he goes to add a network adapter and select to "select it from a list" the only thing listed under manufacturer is Microsoft. now on 2k it list a load junk in there. how does he install the driver database on his system?

Get the drivers from the manufacturer and select "I will chose the driver to install" option when prompted. Then navigate to the storage location being either disk, floppy or dowmloaded file. Just follow windows prompts. Normally the manufacturer's web site will have installation instructions attached as a 'read me' file to the driver download or on their disk which is normally supplied with a new adapter.
If you're fearful, use system restore and create a backup point prior to installation and if something fubars you can restore to that point with no loss of data or OS.

Back